Austroads has developed the National Prequalification System (NPS) to create a harmonised framework for roadworks and bridgeworks construction contracts. NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) is a participant in the NPS. RMS has in turn placed this requirement on Councils.
Delivering services to the RMS is a significant
source of financial revenue for many Councils. If this is the case for your
Council, you must become prequalified in order to continue delivering those
Prequalification is a mandatory requirement for:
- All Roads and Maritime Services civil (road and
bridge) construction contracts with an estimated value greater than $250,000
(excluding GST), which are subject to the seeking of quotations and/or
competitive tenders where prequalification is a requirement;
- All Roads and Maritime Services contracts or
subcontracts for works in the specialist categories listed in Clause 2.2 of the
- To become prequalified, Councils must (among other
things) achieve and maintain formal certification in three management systems:
9001: Quality Management
14001: Environmental Management
4801: Work Health & Safety Management
can help you to:
- Collect all existing documentation held by Council relating to compliance with the three management systems.
- Conduct a desktop assessment of the documentation in terms of:
- understanding how the management system functions at your Council; and
- assessing to what extent the documentation meets the requirements of the standards.
- Conduct a gap analysis audit against the requirements of all three Standards to determine the extent to which your Council complies and where it does not comply. This will require onsite visits and interviews with relevant staff to look for evidence of compliance against each of the requirements of all three Standards. This is an extensive task. An indication of the checks we conduct can be obtained upon further enquiry.
- Document the results of the gap analysis audit and derive a detailed Action Plan of what tasks Council needs to undertake to “fill those gaps” during:
- Phase 2: Development; and
- Phase 3: Implementation.
- Provide a fixed price cost to undertake Phases 2 and 3 and provide support during Phase 4.
Centium services are readily procured through the LG Procurement Panel (LGP218), as Management Consultants and/or Internal Auditors.
Download the RMS Prequalification Service Sheet
For more information you can contact us .